Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Praise Him In This Storm

We all go through trials. There are always going to be problems, pain, tears, and heartache on this Earth. Unfortunately, there is no way to change that. We all have different stories and have faced different situations and troubles. One thing that I have learned in these times, is that I can't do it alone. I can't even handle it with my husband. During hard times, we can only make it through them with Jesus! I know you might be thinking, "Oh, I can handle it" or "I don't need to bother God with this little issue" or even "God can't handle it". Well, I can tell you, you are wrong! No matter what you are going through, weather it be big or small, He is always with you. You just have to give it over to Him and let Him lead you. You can't expect Him to take care of things that you still want to hold onto and refuse to give to Him. You need to lean on God in hard times (as well as the good). Let Him be your ROCK!


The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior.
2Samual 22:2


Now, you might ask, how can I go on, when my world is crashing down all around me, when I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel? Well, Jesus feels your pain. He knows what is going on in your life and all he wants is for you to lean on Him and let Him take care of things. He wants you to praise Him in this storm. Praise Him for things that are not going wrong, that are not causing you pain and tears. Praise him for your being alive, and praise Him for the cross!!! When it feels like there is nothing to praise Him for, do it anyway! There is always something to praise Him for!!!


Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.
Psalm 43:5


Oh Come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
Psalm 95:1


If your world is crashing down, PRAISE HIM!! You will feel much better in knowing that God will bless you and take care of you! He is worthy to be praised, no matter what the situation. If your health is going down hill, chances are, you are still alive and breathing! If your house or car is reposessed, you most likely still have clothes on your back. If relationships in your life are broken or are having issues, you can still have a relationship with Jesus!! And he will get you through any and ALL of your problems! So, if you are going through hard times, not matter what the situation, praise Him through the storm!!!



Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!
Psalm 150:6




This video is of the song Praise You In This Storm by Casting Crowns. Very Good!!







2 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL encouragement, Melissa! It can be so hard in the middle of that storm, but we must praise Him anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Such wonderful encouragement! You are right...praising God in the midst of a storm is often hard, but if we just push through and do it...we will never regret it. God is good and merciful and is there for us!!!

    ReplyDelete