Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Work Willingly At Whatever You Do

By: Melissa Baker

The laundry is piling up AGAIN! It seems like just last night you had it all caught up, and now the laundry hampers are filled to the brim with dirty laundry. 

The dishes are overflowing in the sink. You ask yourself, "how do we use so many dishes within a 24 hour period?"


The house is a complete mess. There are toys everywhere, trash and clutter lingering around every corner, and no one else seems to notice (or care for that matter). 


We have all had those days. Days where it seems like no matter what you do or how often you clean something, five minutes later, you are repeating the same task again and again. You are drowning in household chores and errands, and you just want to throw in the towel. I get it. That is my life most days. I drag myself to do each tedious thing that needs done, picking up after everyone, doing literally everything without any help whatsoever. As a stay at home mom, I often find myself complaining under my breath about having to take care of everything. But then I am reminded that God doesn't want me to go about my day dreading everything on my to-do list. Nor does He want me to expect a "pat on the back" for taking care of things. I should be doing things not for my family's approval but for God's approval. Yes, it's great to be appreciated! But the work we do, it should be for God, not man.

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord 
rather than for people.
Colossians 3:23

I also don't think Jesus was going around grumbling about having to do His Father's business. He had a willing and joyful attitude. The very definition of a christian is to be "Christ-like". But if we are constantly down in the dumps, complaining about everything we do, how are we being christians? We are to do our best to be like Jesus! 


And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.
Colossians 3:17

Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you.
Philippians 2:14

We also must remember, that what we put in is what we are going to get out of it. If we put in the hard work, we are going to get the "crop" we long for. If we try our best to do everything to the best of our ability, we will get the best results. This not only applies to chores, but to just about everything in life! From work to fitness, relationships, etc. If we invest in something, only then will we reap it's benefits.


.....A man reaps what he sows. 
Galatians 6:7


Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment